Wrinkled-Raisin-Reruns - Crafts

Craft ideas on taking used items and re-purposing them or re-newing them in crafty ways to give them a new life instead of ending up in landfills. Perhaps giving you the courage to take some of that "stuff" around your own house and making use of it! I also hope to help in your craft endeavors to save you money.

Saturday, March 25, 2006

Crafting Throughout The House

I know my blog is mainly about "smaller" craft projects....but it can easily be expanded into larger projects throughtout your home. And a lot of my knowledge from fixing things around my home "myself"...led me into the furniture re-do/re-use to begin with.

Home improvement companies are finding more and more women becoming DIYers, than ever before. The reason being that women want to/have to become more self-sufficient.....or plain and simple....their husband/significant other, has no desire to get 'er done!

The Be Jane site has an abundance of information/how-tos for numerous projects that you yourself can accomplish.....from taking care of sweating pipes, squeakie floors, paint techniques, cracks in ceilings.....you name it. And they give you step by step directions in plain english so that you understand it.

I suspect that in the near future, we will begin to see more and more help, assistance, and tools geared towards women.....and I say it's about time! I, for one, have had many an occasion when I have been using power tools geared towards men, that just became too cumbersome for me to handle within a short period of time. I look forward to more and more products that are manufactured for a woman's smaller grip and lighter weight to accomodate less stress/fatigue on our anatomy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Tattoo Flash antique toys Valentines Day Gifts Olympus Digital Cameras download art
Text Link Ads
Warp Rocket Counter
Warp Rocket Search Engine